- *Man walks into a store and finds employee*
- Man: Alright, I've had enough. Why haven't you guys hired me?!
- Employee: Uh...well sir, when did you put in your application?
- Man: I never filled out an application.
- Employee: Well sir, we can't consider you for employment if you've never filled out an application.
- Man: No, that's bullshit, because I've been coming here for years now, and every single time I tell you all how much I love this store and how much I appreciate your customer service, unlike some of your other customers might I add!
- Employee: Well, but that doesn't-
- Man: AND I even told you that I didn't have a job!
- Employee: But sir, that doesn't indicate to us that you would like a job at our store. And again, if you've never filled out an application, we can't consider you. Besides, we're not hiring.
- Man: OH! Not hiring, HA! What a laugh. I see your store go through seasonal workers all the time. They come and go like nothing, but you won't consider me as a part-time employee even though I KNOW you've been looking for workers to fill positions? That's insane!
- Employee: Sir, we've been looking to hire a few people for management positions. Do you have any management experience?
- Man: Well no, but what does that matter?
- Employee: ...Well sir, that's what we're looking for. You won't be suitable for the position without management experience.
- Man: Oh that's such a load of crap. You know, you'll be waiting around a long time for a manager if you don't lower your standards a little. Who cares if someone knows how to manage a store? I LOVE this store and I'm willing to work here, that's all that should matter to you.
- Employee: That...doesn't make any sense.
- Man: NO! I'm done. This is over. From now on, no more Mr. Nice Guy.
- Man: Fuck you, slut.
If they show sports events at bars why don’t they show tv shows?
someone should get to making a fandom bar.
no but can you imagine? fandom themed drinks, tv show maraton nights, discount to cosplayers, and special season finale events.WHY ISNT THIS A THING??!!
When did doing something ‘like a girl’ become an insult?
The part that gets me is at the end of the commercial, when they ask one of the first ladies if she had a chance to do her demonstration of “running like a girl” over again, what would she do differently and she says, “I would run like myself.” I legit cried.
when are baby boomers going to stop trying to convince millennials we’ve failed as a generation and get back to ruining the economy?
An old friend of mine mentioned yesterday that his living situation was becoming less than affordable but couldn’t find a good roommate. And it’s not that I have even vaguely considered moving anywhere anytime soon before that, but I’m seriously considering it. A fresh start now that all of my legal problems are over, getting out of my parents house, finding a job that pays me enough to live on, and the ability to hike, snowboard, ski, snowshoe, climb or kayak pretty much everyday (depending on the season of course). I feel like moving to the heart of the rockies maybe is just what the doctor prescribed. Oh, and there’s a country line dancing bar less than an hour away, so we’re good with that too. I checked.
"I want to see you breathless," he tells me, "I want you on the floor, against the wall, in various shades of desperation."
"And I want you raw and open, before you learnt what it was to build walls."
Excerpt from a book I’ll never write #59 (via whiskeysandwords)